Konark designs, executes and maintains Sewage Treatment Plants to suit various needs of the hour.Konark specializes in recycling of water for various processes in industries, gardening, etc.Konark has developed New Technology KoSEM(Konark’s Scientifically Engineered Microorganisms) as the outcome of Research & Development for more than last 5 years.
Biological Treatment -KoSEM Tech
KoSEM is a natural process, where specific micro – organisms are used to transform harmful substances into simple and environmentally safe molecules like carbon-dioxide, water, etc.
The microorganisms are specific & chosen for various applications like bio degradation of organic waste, cleanup of accidental spills of petroleum products, removal of pesticides, herbicides, etc.
Principle of ‘KoSEM’
KoSEM is based on the data that all organisms remove substances from the environment to carry out growth and metabolism. Bacteria, Protista and Fungi are very good at degrading complex molecules and resulting breakdown products are generally less toxic & somehow recycled by other organisms.
There are three essential components needed for KoSEM Tech. These three components are microorganisms, food, and nutrients. These three main components are known as the KoSEM Triangle.
Method of Development of ‘KoSEM’ Culture
‘KoSEM’ at Site
Advantages of ‘KoSEM’
Depending on the situation and type of site, KoSEM offers several advantages over more conventional waste treatment technologies, such as incineration or chemical fixation, The advantages include:
- (i) Minimal destruction of environment.
- (ii) Low energy input.
- (iii) Chemical cost is less
- (iv) Running cost is low.
- (v) Less sludge generation.
Sludge disposal is one of the major operating expenses of any Wastewater treatment.
Recent increasingly restrictive regulations on sludge disposal have contributed to the need for Sludge reduction
Sludge handling begins with the processes that generate sludge
1. Primary (physico-chemical) Sludge
– which rich of chemical agents and harmful toxic products
– it requires costly disposal system.
2. Biological Sludge
– which is rich of nutrients and soil conditioning substances
– Thus land application is a natural and desirable disposal option.
– The amount of sludge generation is 40-52 % less than chemical sludge.
– The chemical cost/ operating cost is also reduced in biological process